The Washington Post reports that some police departments are dropping body camera programs because of the expense. I’ll admit that my first gut reaction on seeing the story was that it’s just an excuse. In some cases it probably is. But it’s a fact that while the cameras are cheap, storing and managing large amounts of video data isn’t. The question needs objective examination.
- Follow Mad File Format Science on WordPress.com
- Preserving Google+ content
- A screen capture tip using Grab on the Mac
- The police body camera data problem
- Canvas fingerprinting in Web pages
- FUIF: Yet another image format?
- The great GIF pronunciation debate
- Introductory JHOVE workshop, January 25, 2019
- Why does one PDF display and another one download?