The video course which I’m developing on “File Format Identification Tools” is almost ready to submit to Udemy. I’m holding off for a little more work at the Open Preservation Foundation on JHOVE, because some user interface details are going to change from the current beta (1.12 beta). The other tools covered will include file, DROID, ExifTool, and Apache Tika. This course should be useful to both students and professionals who want to learn how to use the tools.
- Follow Mad File Format Science on WordPress.com
- Canvas fingerprinting in Web pages
- FUIF: Yet another image format?
- The great GIF pronunciation debate
- Introductory JHOVE workshop, January 25, 2019
- Why does one PDF display and another one download?
- The digital preservation song challenge!
- Fact-checking the GIF format
- How to approach the file format validation problem