The code for my song identification “nichesourcing” web application is now available on GitHub. It’s currently aimed at one project, as I’d mentioned in my earlier post, but has potential for wide use. It allows the following:
- Users can register as editors or contributors. Only registered users have access.
- Editors can post recording clips with short descriptions.
- Contributors can view the list of clips and enter reports on them.
- Reports specify type of sound, participants, song titles, and instruments. Contributors can enter as much or as little information as they’re able to.
- Editors can modify clip metadata, delete clips, and delete reports.
- Contributors and editors can view reports.
- More features are planned, including an administrator role.
This is my first PHP coding project of any substance, so I’m willing to accept comments about my overall coding approach. It’s inevitable that, to some degree, I’m writing PHP as if it’s Java. If there are any standard practices or patterns I’m overlooking, let me know.