There’s been enough encouragement in email and Twitter to my proposal to move JHOVE to Github that I’ll be going ahead with it. Andy Jackson has told me he has some almost-finished work to migrate the CVS history along with the project, so I’m waiting on that for the present. Watch this space for more news.
- Follow Mad File Format Science on WordPress.com
- Canvas fingerprinting in Web pages
- FUIF: Yet another image format?
- The great GIF pronunciation debate
- Introductory JHOVE workshop, January 25, 2019
- Why does one PDF display and another one download?
- The digital preservation song challenge!
- Fact-checking the GIF format
- How to approach the file format validation problem