There’s been enough encouragement in email and Twitter to my proposal to move JHOVE to Github that I’ll be going ahead with it. Andy Jackson has told me he has some almost-finished work to migrate the CVS history along with the project, so I’m waiting on that for the present. Watch this space for more news.
- Follow Mad File Format Science on WordPress.com
- How to approach the file format validation problem
- Emoji interoperability (or its lack)
- Data Transfer Project: New models for interoperability
- DNA as data storage
- When sloppy redaction fails, resort to censorship
- PDF or HTML for public documents?
- USD and USDZ format for 3D models
- The “Zip Slip” vulnerability