JHOVE 1.9b2 is up, fixing issues with the configuration file. The code for editing the configuration file from the GUI was just completely broken, but I think it’s fixed now. I can’t imagine anyone was ever trying to add init strings to modules (none of the standard ones use one anyway) or add handlers using the GUI, or someone would already have noticed. But I couldn’t stand having it not fixed, so the new build is there.
- Follow Mad File Format Science on WordPress.com
- Canvas fingerprinting in Web pages
- FUIF: Yet another image format?
- The great GIF pronunciation debate
- Introductory JHOVE workshop, January 25, 2019
- Why does one PDF display and another one download?
- The digital preservation song challenge!
- Fact-checking the GIF format
- How to approach the file format validation problem