JHOVE 1.9b2 is up, fixing issues with the configuration file. The code for editing the configuration file from the GUI was just completely broken, but I think it’s fixed now. I can’t imagine anyone was ever trying to add init strings to modules (none of the standard ones use one anyway) or add handlers using the GUI, or someone would already have noticed. But I couldn’t stand having it not fixed, so the new build is there.
- Follow Mad File Format Science on WordPress.com
- How to approach the file format validation problem
- Emoji interoperability (or its lack)
- Data Transfer Project: New models for interoperability
- DNA as data storage
- When sloppy redaction fails, resort to censorship
- PDF or HTML for public documents?
- USD and USDZ format for 3D models
- The “Zip Slip” vulnerability