Open Planets Foundation has announced FIDO 1.0.0, “a Python command line tool to identify the file formats of digital objects. A lot of improvements to the code and functionality have been made.”
- Follow Mad File Format Science on WordPress.com
- Canvas fingerprinting in Web pages
- FUIF: Yet another image format?
- The great GIF pronunciation debate
- Introductory JHOVE workshop, January 25, 2019
- Why does one PDF display and another one download?
- The digital preservation song challenge!
- Fact-checking the GIF format
- How to approach the file format validation problem