Today on Files That Last I have a post on “PDF/A for the long haul.” It’s directed at the end user or administrator, not at the formats geek or preservation specialist, but might be useful to link to when you’re explaining what PDF/A is good for.
- Follow Mad File Format Science on WordPress.com
- How to approach the file format validation problem
- Emoji interoperability (or its lack)
- Data Transfer Project: New models for interoperability
- DNA as data storage
- When sloppy redaction fails, resort to censorship
- PDF or HTML for public documents?
- USD and USDZ format for 3D models
- The “Zip Slip” vulnerability