There’s a post on the Open Planets Foundation website about MUPPET, a proposed tool for extracting and reporting file properties. There’s also a comment, in response to a question I asked, about how it compares with FITS.
- Follow Mad File Format Science on WordPress.com
- How to approach the file format validation problem
- Emoji interoperability (or its lack)
- Data Transfer Project: New models for interoperability
- DNA as data storage
- When sloppy redaction fails, resort to censorship
- PDF or HTML for public documents?
- USD and USDZ format for 3D models
- The “Zip Slip” vulnerability