There’s a post on the Open Planets Foundation website about MUPPET, a proposed tool for extracting and reporting file properties. There’s also a comment, in response to a question I asked, about how it compares with FITS.
- Follow Mad File Format Science on WordPress.com
- Canvas fingerprinting in Web pages
- FUIF: Yet another image format?
- The great GIF pronunciation debate
- Introductory JHOVE workshop, January 25, 2019
- Why does one PDF display and another one download?
- The digital preservation song challenge!
- Fact-checking the GIF format
- How to approach the file format validation problem