The Library of Congress’s digital preservation blog has an update on UDFR (Unified Digital Formats Registry). Holding a meeting of stakeholders may not be much of a “milestone,” but it shows the effort is still alive.
- Follow Mad File Format Science on WordPress.com
- How to approach the file format validation problem
- Emoji interoperability (or its lack)
- Data Transfer Project: New models for interoperability
- DNA as data storage
- When sloppy redaction fails, resort to censorship
- PDF or HTML for public documents?
- USD and USDZ format for 3D models
- The “Zip Slip” vulnerability