The Library of Congress’s digital preservation blog has an update on UDFR (Unified Digital Formats Registry). Holding a meeting of stakeholders may not be much of a “milestone,” but it shows the effort is still alive.
- Follow Mad File Format Science on WordPress.com
- Canvas fingerprinting in Web pages
- FUIF: Yet another image format?
- The great GIF pronunciation debate
- Introductory JHOVE workshop, January 25, 2019
- Why does one PDF display and another one download?
- The digital preservation song challenge!
- Fact-checking the GIF format
- How to approach the file format validation problem