It’s a bit late to get there if you didn’t already know about it, but the Library of Congress is hosting a JPEG 2000 summit in Washington today and tomorrow. Hopefully some interesting materials will be made public.
- Follow Mad File Format Science on WordPress.com
- How to approach the file format validation problem
- Emoji interoperability (or its lack)
- Data Transfer Project: New models for interoperability
- DNA as data storage
- When sloppy redaction fails, resort to censorship
- PDF or HTML for public documents?
- USD and USDZ format for 3D models
- The “Zip Slip” vulnerability