A workshop on digital preservation and JHOVE2 will be held at FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations) in Rome, Italy on May 23-27. Presenters will include Stephen Abrams and Perry Willett from California Digital Library, Tom Cramer from Stanford, and Sheila Morrissey from Portico. Days 1 and 2 (on preservation) are free; there is a $300 fee for the JHOVE2 tutorial.
- Follow Mad File Format Science on WordPress.com
- How to approach the file format validation problem
- Emoji interoperability (or its lack)
- Data Transfer Project: New models for interoperability
- DNA as data storage
- When sloppy redaction fails, resort to censorship
- PDF or HTML for public documents?
- USD and USDZ format for 3D models
- The “Zip Slip” vulnerability