A workshop on digital preservation and JHOVE2 will be held at FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations) in Rome, Italy on May 23-27. Presenters will include Stephen Abrams and Perry Willett from California Digital Library, Tom Cramer from Stanford, and Sheila Morrissey from Portico. Days 1 and 2 (on preservation) are free; there is a $300 fee for the JHOVE2 tutorial.
- Follow Mad File Format Science on WordPress.com
- Introductory JHOVE workshop, January 25, 2019
- Why does one PDF display and another one download?
- The digital preservation song challenge!
- Fact-checking the GIF format
- How to approach the file format validation problem
- Emoji interoperability (or its lack)
- Data Transfer Project: New models for interoperability
- DNA as data storage