PDF/A-2, according to a news item from Luratech, has been finalized and will be published as a standard in early 2011. (But see the comments.) Some more information (PDF) is available from the PDF/A Competence Center. PDF/A-1, which is based on PDF 1.4, will continue to remain a valid standard. PDF/A-2 is based on ISO 32000-1, aka PDF 1.7.
- Follow Mad File Format Science on WordPress.com
- Canvas fingerprinting in Web pages
- FUIF: Yet another image format?
- The great GIF pronunciation debate
- Introductory JHOVE workshop, January 25, 2019
- Why does one PDF display and another one download?
- The digital preservation song challenge!
- Fact-checking the GIF format
- How to approach the file format validation problem