PDF/A-2, according to a news item from Luratech, has been finalized and will be published as a standard in early 2011. (But see the comments.) Some more information (PDF) is available from the PDF/A Competence Center. PDF/A-1, which is based on PDF 1.4, will continue to remain a valid standard. PDF/A-2 is based on ISO 32000-1, aka PDF 1.7.
- Follow Mad File Format Science on WordPress.com
- How to approach the file format validation problem
- Emoji interoperability (or its lack)
- Data Transfer Project: New models for interoperability
- DNA as data storage
- When sloppy redaction fails, resort to censorship
- PDF or HTML for public documents?
- USD and USDZ format for 3D models
- The “Zip Slip” vulnerability