Percy Willett has announced:
The JHOVE2 project team is holding a full day tutorial on the use of JHOVE2 on September 19, 2010, in conjunction with the iPRES 2010 conference in Vienna, Austria.
The main topics covered during the tutorial will be:
- The role of characterization in digital curation and preservation workflows.
- An overview of the JHOVE2 project: requirements, methodology, and deliverables.
- Demonstration of the JHOVE2 application.
- Architectural review of the JHOVE2 framework and Java APIs.
- Integration of JHOVE2 technology into existing or planned systems, services, and workflows.
- Third-party development of conformant JHOVE2 modules.
- Building and sustaining the JHOVE2 user community.
This tutorial is an updated and expanded version of the workshop presented at iPRES 2009 in San Francisco. This tutorial will closely follow the production release of JHOVE2 and will incorporate significant new material arising from the second year of project work.
The targeted audience for the tutorial includes digital curation, preservation, and repository managers, analysts, tool users and developers, and other practitioners and technologists whose work is dependent on an understanding of the format and pertinent characteristics of digital assets.
For more information on JHOVE2, see the project wiki at: http://jhove2.org
For more information on iPRES 2010, and to register for the workshop and conference, see the conference website: http://www.ifs.tuwien.ac.at/dp/ipres2010/