Is the ZIP format in the public domain? Partly? Completely? Not at all? See an interesting discussion by Rick Jelliffe.
- Follow Mad File Format Science on WordPress.com
- Why does one PDF display and another one download?
- The digital preservation song challenge!
- Fact-checking the GIF format
- How to approach the file format validation problem
- Emoji interoperability (or its lack)
- Data Transfer Project: New models for interoperability
- DNA as data storage
- When sloppy redaction fails, resort to censorship