W3C has announced Rule Interchange Format (RIF) as a new Recommendation. RIF is intended for porting rules (e.g., for filtering, categorization, business processes, etc.) among heterogeneous rule systems. It’s particularly aimed at the Semantic Web, as discussed here and here.
- Follow Mad File Format Science on WordPress.com
- How to approach the file format validation problem
- Emoji interoperability (or its lack)
- Data Transfer Project: New models for interoperability
- DNA as data storage
- When sloppy redaction fails, resort to censorship
- PDF or HTML for public documents?
- USD and USDZ format for 3D models
- The “Zip Slip” vulnerability