W3C has announced Rule Interchange Format (RIF) as a new Recommendation. RIF is intended for porting rules (e.g., for filtering, categorization, business processes, etc.) among heterogeneous rule systems. It’s particularly aimed at the Semantic Web, as discussed here and here.
- Follow Mad File Format Science on WordPress.com
- Canvas fingerprinting in Web pages
- FUIF: Yet another image format?
- The great GIF pronunciation debate
- Introductory JHOVE workshop, January 25, 2019
- Why does one PDF display and another one download?
- The digital preservation song challenge!
- Fact-checking the GIF format
- How to approach the file format validation problem