Seeing Standards, the result of a project supported by the Indiana University Libraries, provides a visual arrangement of metadata standards used with cultural heritage work. There are lots of relevant standards! Jenn Riley, Metadata Librarian in the Indiana University Digital Library Program, developed the content. Design work was performed by Devin Becker of the Indiana University School of Library and Information Science.
- Follow Mad File Format Science on WordPress.com
- How to approach the file format validation problem
- Emoji interoperability (or its lack)
- Data Transfer Project: New models for interoperability
- DNA as data storage
- When sloppy redaction fails, resort to censorship
- PDF or HTML for public documents?
- USD and USDZ format for 3D models
- The “Zip Slip” vulnerability