Robert Darnton has announced the appointment of Helen Shenton as deputy director of the Harvard University Libraries. She comes from the British Library and has a strong background in digital preservation. I’m particularly intrigued that she “masterminded the creation of the high-density, low-oxygen robotic depository of the BL at Boston Spa” (the other Boston).
- Follow Mad File Format Science on WordPress.com
- How to approach the file format validation problem
- Emoji interoperability (or its lack)
- Data Transfer Project: New models for interoperability
- DNA as data storage
- When sloppy redaction fails, resort to censorship
- PDF or HTML for public documents?
- USD and USDZ format for 3D models
- The “Zip Slip” vulnerability